Best Genealogy Place in Riley County
We have a wealth of information about Riley County, the surrounding counties, and the families who settled here.
RCGS March Meeting
Please join us on Sunday Afternoon, March 31st, 2:00pm, at the Manhattan Public Library.
Riley County Genealogical Society is honored to have KelLee Parr, author of the book,Mansion on a Hill share the story of the search for his biological grandmother. It is also the story of the Willows Maternity Sanitarium in Kansas City known as Adoption Hub" ofAmerica.
Although not well documented in American history, over 100,000 pregnant, unwed young women traveled mostly by train to Kansas City in the early to mid-1900s.
47th Annual Genealogy Conference
Friday & Saturday, April 5 & 6.
Pitfalls, Brick Walls and Detours: Keeping Your Family Research on Track
Presented by the Topeka Genealogical Society at the Kansas Historical Society, Topeka, KS.
- Saturday event featuring keynote speaker Michael J Hall, Deputy Chief Genealogical Officer at Family Search (familysearch.org)
- Friday morning - personal research option
- Friday afternoon - breakout sessions
History & Genealogy Fair
Saturday, August 24, 2019, 10am - 3pm
Pottorf Hall, CICO Park, Manhattan at Kimball & Wreath
Hosted by Riley County Genealogy Society,
Riley County Historical Society and Museum, &
Manhattan/Riley County Preservation Alliance
- Classroom Presentations – Topics about genealogy, history, and preservation.
- Information Tables - Genealogy & Historical Societies, Museums, personal history projects, & more
- Kansas History Book Corner – author interviews
Admission is free - Open to the public
For more information call RCGS Library at 785-565-6495.
Check library open hours before calling.
We invite organizations to participate in the 2019 Manhattan Area Genealogy & History Fair. Reserve a table to promote your group. There is no charge for a displaly table.