About the Society
The Riley County Genealogical Society (RCGS) was established in 1963 as a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to promote fellowship and cooperation among persons who are conducting genealogical research.
We welcome beginners and help them get started. Our experienced researchers will search our records for those not able to visit our library. There is a fee of course for this service. We welcome researchers with special interests and encourage them to share their knowledge with others. We hold classes for small and large groups. Monthly meetings are free and open to the public.
- Provide educational and research opportunities for genealogy and family history researchers, and
- Maintain a genealogical research library, and collect, preserve and publish genealogical and historical records for Riley County and surrounding area.
- A genealogy research room housing a collection of books, family histories, genealogy periodicals, and RCGS publications. Computers, a microfilm/fiche reader.
- Knowledgable staff available to assist you with your research.
- Subscription based genealogy websites are available for your use.
- Workshops, help sessions, and classes on genealogical topics. Watch for details on our website, in the local newspapers and flyers in the library.
- Access to the Society's Members Website with member user name and private password.
- Approximately 1,000,000 local area surnames available for online researching.
- RCGS published books and newspaper abstracts, early marriage records, probate records and naturalization records are available online.
- Free queries on surnames other members are researching.
- Two Pedigree Charts per family membership.
- Subscription to the Kansas Kin periodical published by RCGS.
- FYI Newsletters.
- Genealogy classes at no charge.
- One hour free research will be done for new out of town members.
- Free use of the Library with librarians and computer assistants to help with questions.
- Keep in touch with Society business by reading Board of Directors meeting minutes and Financial Reports online.
- Members are invited to submit a listing of surnames they are researching for display in the Member Surname Directory on our website.
- Surnames and places are spelled exactly as specified by members. Multiple spellings may be shown.
- RCGS members reply directly to the email requestor who asked for the information. Members remain anonymous until they reply to a request for information.
Operating Year: January - December 2018